Well Alexis finally arrived on Tuesday. We are are so in love with her. She is a beautiful addition to our family.
Since she decided that she was a little too comfortable in mommy's tummy, the Dr decided to induce labor a week after she was due. We arrived at the hospital at 5am and by the time we were checked in and settled, it was about 8am when they started the drugs to induce. I received an epidural so I could not feel a thing. It was GREAT! I was having really hard contractions, and still carrying on conversations.

As soon as she came out Daddy followed her around the room to watch her get cleaned up and checked out. She is VERY healthy and scored 9 out of 10 for all of her "Apgar" tests. Daddy was just beaming! I've never seen him SO excited and proud.

The last few days have been both VERY exciting and exhausting. We finally came home from the Hospital Thursday afternoon and we are all doing well. It is so strange to have a baby in our home. But we are loving every minute of it.

Since she decided that she was a little too comfortable in mommy's tummy, the Dr decided to induce labor a week after she was due. We arrived at the hospital at 5am and by the time we were checked in and settled, it was about 8am when they started the drugs to induce. I received an epidural so I could not feel a thing. It was GREAT! I was having really hard contractions, and still carrying on conversations.
A little after 1pm I was fully dilated and ready to push. Both of the Grandmas were there to help and cheer me on. After about an hour of pushing and wonderful encouragement from Mike, she was out! They said that usually it takes a first time mom about 2 hours of pushing. (There was NO way I would have lasted that long.)

As soon as she came out Daddy followed her around the room to watch her get cleaned up and checked out. She is VERY healthy and scored 9 out of 10 for all of her "Apgar" tests. Daddy was just beaming! I've never seen him SO excited and proud.

The last few days have been both VERY exciting and exhausting. We finally came home from the Hospital Thursday afternoon and we are all doing well. It is so strange to have a baby in our home. But we are loving every minute of it.


0 comments:
Post a Comment