Monday, March 31, 2008

My 1st Birthday Party!

Even though I dont turn 1 until Thursday, we celebrated my birthday this weekend. We wanted to have the party in a park so all my friends could have something to do. Well Sunday morning we woke up to RAIN! Mommy and Daddy were a little nervous. The weather report said that it would clear up by 12 noon and be partly cloudy. So we decided to stick with our plans.

Mommy and Daddy went a little early to set up. The sun was out, but the wind was blowing. And blowing. And blowing. It took them 30 mins to tape down 8 table cloths. Mommy couldn't decorate the way she wanted to because the wind was SO bad.

All of my friends showed up and they were COLD! Everyone still had a great time, but we were a bit chilly. After I enjoyed my cake, Mommy sent me home with Grandma so I could get out of the cold. I was really cranky and tired. But I had a GREAT time. All my friends showed up and were good sports about the cold weather.

Me and my Daddy

Pushing my walker toy that Mommy and Daddy got for me.
See my shirt? Mommy special ordered this for me
"Birthday Girl 1 Alexis"

All my friends playing at the park

Sammy helping me across these fun steps

Daddy, cousin Mike and Uncle Nick

Daddy and I playing on the slide

Uncle Curtis and me
Look at how cute my cake was. Mommy put my picture on it!!!!
Here is my special seat. They decorated my chair! How cute is that?
Grandma sitting with her friends. They were FREEZING!

Silly Uncle Nick... he was playing on the toys just like all the kids!




Me and my cousin Claire. We really like to play together!

Once we got home I got to open all of my presents. Look at all the fun toys that I got. I also got a lot of pretty clothes. I cant wait to wear them!



2 comments:

Heather Henderson said...

How fun! I can't wait for our party up here!

Jess said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY LEXI! Can't believe you are already a year old. The time has sure gone by fast! Love the toys you got, Makenna loves the walker/car. I know you will too.