Thursday, July 24, 2008

Its ANOTHER Girl!

Lexi is going to have a baby SISTER! Yeah!

This little baby girl passed all of her "tests" and is right on track with her development. All of her organs are properly working and she has all of her fingers and toes!

We got to see her move around a lot, as well as practice her talking. She kept opening and closing her mouth, so the tech said that she is going to be a chatter box! (Like we need another talkative girl around our house!) She even tried to suck on her fingers, and practiced opening and closing her hands. It was like she was waving to us and trying to tell us about what she is doing. It was really cute! It is amazing how far technology has come.

Here I am having the ultrasound done

Here is a profile shot of her head and tummy. It is kind of hard to see, but she has her mouth open - if you look close, you can see the jaw bones.We also were able to view her in 3D. Which means they can take pictures of her with the skin over her bones. In the 2D, it goes through her skin. Later on when she is bigger we will have another 3D ultrasound so we can actually see the features on her face. It is amazing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you! Lexi, you are going to be a great BIG sister!! XOXO
Beth

The Owens Family said...

Congrats!!!

Andy and Katy said...

Leah that is wonderful. They are going to be such close sisters. Counldn't ask for anything better, I'm sure. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Heather Henderson said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! She is gorgeous. What a perfect little niece. Just like her big sister!!! WOOO HOOOO!!! I'm an auntie- again. I'm really excited, can you tell?

Spink Family said...

Yeah I am so excited! Our babies will be best friends! I cant wait to hear all about the ultrasound!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! She's so cute! Can't wait to see her with a little more meat!....But grammmies and papas don't care! Wish we could wrap her in a blanket and cuddle her now! But, probably better to wait! Can't Wait!!!!!